2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity
If you’re shopping for a capable pickup truck in the Calgary area, you’ll want to take a look at the 2020 GMC Sierra 1500. The Sierra 1500 offers three powerful engine options, along with different cab configurations and bed sizes, and it’s no wonder this truck is so popular among Calgary drivers. One of the questions we field often here at Capital Chevrolet Buick GMC is: “What’s the GMC Sierra towing capacity?” You can expect a maximum towing capacity of 5,534 kilograms when your Sierra 1500 is properly equipped. Learn more about the 2020 GMC Sierra towing capacity and features, then schedule a test drive with us today!
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
The GMC Sierra towing capacity is directly tied to which of the three available engines you choose. Review the towing capability of each engine below to find the one that best meets your requirements:
- 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 – 3,493 kilograms
- 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 – 4,491 kilograms
- 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 with Max Trailering Package – 5,171 kilograms
- 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 – 4,218 kilograms
- 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 with Max Trailering Package – 5,534 kilograms
The available ProGrade Trailering System can take your Okotoks-area towing experience to a whole new level. With high-resolution cameras, integrated smartphone apps, and your Sierra infotainment display, towing a boat or trailer is easier and safer. ProGrade Trailering System features include:
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: These connectivity features provide access to pre-departure checklists and programmable trailer brake settings, as well as Trailer Theft Detection and more.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: You won’t have to leave the cab to check your trailer lights with this convenient feature.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: You will be pleasantly surprised at how easy hitching a trailer is with the dynamic grid line and zoom capability of Hitch Guidance with Hitch View.
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
- Max Trailering Package: Features an automatic locking rear differential, trailer brake controller, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator
- Trailering Camera Package: Includes two side view mirror cameras to assist you when changing lanes and reversing with your trailer in tow. Cochrane drivers will especially appreciate the available trailer-mounted camera.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: Automatically applies the Electronic Parking Brake once the truck is in park.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Activate and monitor your trailer brakes via control buttons on the center console.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: Adjusts the transmission shift points, throttle mapping, and StabiliTrak depending on which drive mode you select.
Experience the New GMC Sierra 1500 Today at Capital Chevrolet Buick GMC
Explore our new GMC Sierra 1500 inventory online to find the configuration that will offer the towing capability you need. Here at Capital Chevrolet Buick GMC, we offer a variety of new vehicle specials that can make your new pickup truck more affordable than ever. Not sure that the Sierra 1500 is the right truck for you? Check out the Chevy Silverado 1500 towing specs. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
More from Capital Chevrolet Buick GMC
Learn More About the GMC Sierra 1500
If you’re shopping for a capable pickup truck in the Calgary area, you’ll want to take a look at the 2020 GMC Sierra 1500. The Sierra 1500 offers three powerful engine options, along with different cab configurations and bed sizes, and it’s no wonder this truck is so popular among Calgary drivers. One of the…